What is serious illness cover?
Some illnesses can have a significant impact on your life. They can stop you from working and your recovery may require assistance and time. That’s where serious illness cover comes in. Serious illness cover (sometimes called critical illness cover) provides you with financial support if you are diagnosed with a serious illness.
How it works
A serious illness plan is designed to pay out a lump should you be unfortunate enough to contract one of over 40 specified serious illnesses, such as cancer, heart attack stroke etc. The lump sum payable from your serious illness plan is typically used as a replacement income or to pay a mortgage or cover any medical bills that you might have. Allowing you to hopefully recover and take away any financial stress for you and family.
- Protects the well-being of and provides a lump sum payment to your family if you are unable to work.
- Provides a tax-free, cash lump sum to you if you are diagnosed with a specific serious illness.
- Covers a wide range of Illnesses.
- Your policy can cover more than one person.
- You can increase cover at times when you need it.
- Gives you time to focus on what really matters, getting better
The cost of your Serious Illness Insurance cover will depend on your age, health, smoker status, how much cover you might need and for what period time you need that cover. We will search the leading insurers in order to provide you with the best possible level of cover at the most affordable premium.